Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06 if you need help - a trained adviser can give you advice over the phone.
Get free, impartial and confidential advice on a broad range of different consumer issues. From reporting scams, rogue traders or counterfeit goods, to getting your money back on faulty goods, we’re here to make sure you know exactly what to do.
Get advice on consumer issues
There are many different types of consumer issue we can offer guidance on. Here are some examples:
- Problems with your car - from buying a used car to finding a garage
- Issues with something you’ve bought - from faulty goods to bad customer service
- Advice about holidays and transport - for example, how to claim compensation if a flight has been delayed
- Information about insurance - find out about different types of insurance
- Cancelling a service - like a gym membership or TV subscription
- Problems with the post - for example, how to stop junk mail
- Dealing with TV, phone or internet bills
- Guidance on home improvements and building work
- Making an official complaint - such as contacting a consumer helpline, Trading Standards or an ombudsman
If you’re unhappy with goods or services you’ve received, call the Citizens Advice Consumer Service and we can work together to resolve the issue.