Peebles CAB is strongly committed to the volunteer ethos, as is shown by having been the first recipient of a Volunteer Friendly Award in the Scottish Borders in 2013.
For more information about the Volunteer Friendly Awards please visit the Volunteer Friendly website.
Volunteer with us
Ten reasons why you might want to volunteer at Peebles CAB:
- Make a difference and feel the difference: You can get a real buzz from helping those around you – and helping yourself at the same time!
- Make life better where you live: As well as helping people resolve their problems, you can get involved with campaigns that affect lots of people in your area and help make changes that will directly impact on your local community.
- Improve your prospects: Learn new skills to add to your CV. Whether you are looking to re-enter the job market or for a change of career, you’ll gain lots of skills and experience with us. And remember, if you are looking for a job, volunteering in a bureau need not affect your benefits.
- Enjoy free training and ongoing support: CAB training and supervision mean that you will get lots of support during your time here and lots of opportunities for further development, if you want them.
- Boost your confidence: You probably have a lot of the skills we need already; you just don’t know it yet!
- Put your talents to use: You can use and share the knowledge and experience that you already have.
- Feel better and live longer: Regular volunteering has been proven to be good for your health and wellbeing.
- Give your time when it suits you: We offer flexible shifts that mean you can volunteer at a time that suits you.
- Do something interesting: No matter what role you take on, when you volunteer for Peebles CAB, every day is different.
- Meet new people and have fun! Volunteering with Peebles CAB is a great way to meet new people. You will be part of a friendly, sociable team.
Different ways of volunteering
There are lots of different ways you can give your time and experience in the CAB. Here are some of the roles on offer:
- Administrative work
- Bureau Board members
- Social policy volunteers – working for change
- Promoting the CAB
Apply to volunteer
If you want to find out more about volunteering with us, either call into our office, telephone 01721 721722 or email the CAB manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about volunteering you can visit the Citizens Advice Scotland website at www.cas.org.uk/volunteer.